An e-mail newsletter (or "e-zine") is essential for any Web site, and
one of the best ways to quickly build your database of clients and
Gihan puts a newsletter sign-up form in a prominent place on the home page, and gives away two free e-books as an incentive for signing up.
Matt Church gives subscribers the option of signing up to one or both of his newsletters.
Benefits of publishing an e-mail newsletter
- You keep in touch regularly with people who visit your site,
especially those who don't buy from you on their first visit.
- It's a lot cheaper than a printed newsletter, which means that
you can send it out as often as you like and to as many people as
- Use it to drive traffic to your Web site. Every time you publish
your newsletter, if you have a link back to related pages on your
site, you will almost certainly see a "spike" in traffic.
- A well-written newsletter increases your credibility and expertise, making it
more likely that readers will buy from you.
- Your newsletter gives you the opportunity to promote
your products and services. As long as you continue to provide
valuable information as well, readers won't mind some promotion.
The growth of newer tools like blogs, Twitter, Facebook and video
might make you think an e-mail newsletter is outdated. Nothing could be further
from the truth! A well-written e-mail newsletter can still be one of your
most effective marketing tools.
What our system offers
We set up your newsletter at the well-known e-mail marketing service MailChimp.
At its simplest, it allows you to capture e-mail addresses and then send regular broadcasts to your list.
Specifically, it gives you these benefits:
- Publish an HTML newsletter (it looks like a Web page), so that
you continue to build your brand, and make your newsletters more
attractive and easy to read.
- Readers subscribe directly from your Web site, and can unsubscribe
themselves at any time. So you don't have to worry about managing
the mailing list manually yourself.
- Newsletters are "double opt-in", so you know that subscribers
joined the list themselves. This ensures their privacy.
- Create as many lists as you like, which allows you to segment and
deliver relevant mail to different groups of people.